Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Machining CNC Setup Operator
This position is responsible for setting up, operating, maintaining, and minor troubleshooting of CNC machines/robots/material handling systems. The role will also be accountable for quality checks, 6S, and most importantly, exceeding safety expectations.
- Maintaining a safe and organized workplace.
- Confirm quality requirements of machined components using micrometers, calipers, and gages.
- Ability to understand CMM reports.
- Routine operation of high end CNC equipment (offset adjustment as required).
- Periodic cutting tool replacement/setup.
- Setup CNC equipment as required.
- Perform routine maintenance checks (TPM).
- Perform cleaning of machines both internal and external.
- Ability to troubleshoot & diagnose production issues.
- Basic understanding of blue print reading and knowledge of the metric system.
- Material movement utilizing electric pallet jack and forklift as needed.
- Ability to participate in root cause analysis of safety, quality, and production issues.
- Other duties as required/specified.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Machining Associates degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience operating a computer numerical controlled machine.
- Ability to use forklifts, cranes, electrical pallet jacks, etc.
- Robot experience.
- High level of attention to details.
- Knowledge of CNC methodology.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. continually and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to walk and or stand constantly throughout a shift.
- Ability to frequently bend, stop, climb, etc.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.