Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Machining Manufacturing Lead
This position is responsible for the day to day operations and will act as a technical expert for the plant. The role will be accountable for process audits, medium level technical troubleshooting, continuous improvement activities, and most importantly, exceeding safety expectations.
- Maintaining a safe and organized workplace.
- Assist in developing standard work/processes throughout the plant.
- Ability to understand CMM reports.
- Ability to operate CNC equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance (TPM).
- Experience with robotics/robot cells.
- Perform cleaning of machines both internal and external.
- Ability to troubleshoot various issues of a technical nature.
- Basic understanding of blue print reading and knowledge of the metric system.
- Material movement utilizing electric pallet jack and forklift as needed.
- Ability to participate in root cause analysis of safety, quality, and production issues.
- Other duties as required/specified.
- High School Diploma or GED required, Technical Associates degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience operating/maintaining CNC’s, CMM’s, robots, or other technical equivalents.
- Ability to use forklifts, cranes, electrical pallet jacks, etc.
- High level of attention to details.
- Knowledge of CNC methodology.
- CMM experience.
- Able to program/troubleshoot robotics.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. continually and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to walk and or stand constantly throughout a shift.
- Ability to frequently bend, stop, climb, etc.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.