Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Production Manager Assistant (Internship)
Targeting Engineering Technology with a blend between Manufacturing and Business.
Assists the Assistant Production Managers in managing the operations of the Coreroom, Molding, & Millroom to meet the facility’s strategic goals. The intern will learn the Production Department’s objectives and procedures while contributing to departmental operations. The intern will be responsible for daily tasks, weekly tasks, and ongoing projects.
- Adhere to production priorities provided by manager(s).
- Support daily meetings to coordinate with plant goals & objectives.
- Assist managers, foremen, & team leaders on continuous improvement activities.
- Collect & analyze data to consult with production team to determine action items.
- Formulate, revise, and(or) enhance procedures and policies to improve the department’s goals & objectives under the guidance of the Assistant Production Managers.
- Must be pursuing a degree in a leadership discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, research, & analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.