Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Licensed Surveyor for Transportation Survey Manager in our North Carolina Region.
Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, proposal preparation, negotiating scopes and fees, billing, client follow-up maintenance and assistance in collection of fees when required. The Survey Project Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise. An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required. The successful candidate will manage/perform design related surveying projects using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology. Projects may include project controls, conventional route location, boundary, topographical, hydrographic, construction and other types of design surveys incorporating conventional surveying along with high definition laser scanning, SUE, photogrammetry, hydrographic and GPS technology. The Transportation Survey Manager is expected to perform and supervise all facets of projects including field and office tasks along with coordination with other disciplines involved in the project. Ongoing communication with the Division Manager, clients, staff and internal design team is essential.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- North Carolina Professional Land Surveyor
- Working knowledge and experience using Microstation/Geopak software.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing NCDOT Location & Survey standards and procedures
- Preference will be given to those having a working knowledge and experience using 3d Scanning Technology.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (field crews).
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.