Founded in 1976, Ceres Environmental Services, Inc. is a contracting firm specializing in heavy infrastructure construction development; disaster recovery operations; environmental remediation and materials recycling; as well as demolition/deconstruction across the United States.
Ceres currently holds more than 230 contracts with cities, counties and U.S. states and has completed thousands of contracts over the last 40 years.
We seek, reward and retain honest, intelligent, driven teammates regularly able to put our client’s interests first.
The company seeks a highly-skilled candidate with a proven track record of developing winning, practical and profitable bids. Candidates must be driven, self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to work both independently and collaboratively with project- and senior management personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for researching bids and generating work
- Coordinate bids and obtain and analyze winning and profitable bids on projects, including final bid packages
- Sort the current bid list and keep the information updated
- Prepare accurate pricing of estimates, including labor, equipment, and material
- Develop material cost information for specific project types
- Provide other services: change order pricing, attending pre-bid conferences, site visits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of science degree in engineering or similar technical field of expertise
- 3-5 years of heavy civil experience estimating with an emphasis on construction/earthwork
- Estimating, scheduling software (Heavy Bid-HCSS, Primavera P-6)
- An understanding of engineering drawings, and specifications, and the ability to coordinate with multiple engineering disciplines is required
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office/Excel)
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Experience with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers water resources projects, water control, and marine construction is preferred
- Prior flood control, levee, and road construction experience preferred
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
May vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than indicated here.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ceres Environmental is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.