Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Business Analyst-SAP Configuration Analyst
Business Analyst – SAP Configuration Analyst role supports by gathering and documenting requirements, working with leadership and other IT staff to devise solutions, and implement solutions to business requirements, with little guidance from IT management. This professional is responsible for research, analysis, design, configuration, development, full-cycle testing and installation of new software, as well as perform analysis and maintenance of SAP/IBM i ERP systems. They often required to work on a strict deadline and must also be excellent time managers.
This person will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where they will be engaged with designing the user experience, implementing solutions and be expected to drive value into the business. They will provide thorough leadership on best practices for programming design, and have a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration of SAP, IBM i, and third party software. This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving and computer skills, as well as attention to detail.
Responsibilities of this position include the management and delivery of multiple concurrent projects within the SAP FICO application as well as steady state support when necessary. This includes systems analysis, time and cost estimates for development requirements, and the coordination of implementation releases. The position requires and in-depth knowledge of the SAP Finance and Controlling modules, and an understanding of business modeling using lean and value stream methodologies.
- Responsible for maintenance, support and enhancement of the SAP FICO modules, IBM i interfaces, and other third party applications on multiple ERS Systems.
- Conduct interview sessions with end users and management to discover new requirements; perform data analysis, define processes, document end to end process, configure, and implement business requirements.
- Design, develop, and conduct test cases for unit tests, regression tests, and system integration tests.
- Develop detailed project specifications in support of new and existing business processes.
- Lead various project activities to completion. Changes are presented in a project plan which may need to contain information about modifications, updates, errors or maintenance.
- Perform project management and coordination of workload tasks for optimum efficiency.
- Create estimates for upcoming projects.
- Follow best practice business processes to ensure compliance in a J-SOX environment.
- Facilitate the enhancement and implementation of applications to improve business functionality and overall performance complying with established standards, methodologies and best practices as well as strong experience troubleshooting performance, configuration and application issues.
- Maintains high user satisfaction
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Strong desire to learn a variety of IT disciplines, either through self-study, collaboration with other teams and/or third party services and apply it to business problems and requirements.
- Technical proficiency, excellent analytical skills for problem solving and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience: managing multiple projects, objectives, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team or in a lead role including chairing project management meetings and leading teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management, as well as with outside customer/vendors.
- Show Initiative and displays a positive flexible attitude.
- Willingness to train and mentor junior staff.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, including good grammar skills.
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills capable of working efficiently and productively with members across different disciplines and locations.
- Must have ability to work independently to plan & organize.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and principles within the financial modules, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Profit Center Accounting and Product Costing.
- Strong understanding of the Modules integration points between FICO, MM, SD, PM, and HR.
- Working knowledge of SAP ABAP, userexits, function modules, etc.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in technical analysis, design, development, implementation and documentation (both technical and functional) of projects in IBM mi and SAP ERP systems.
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems, Financial Accounting, or related discipline desired. Equivalent relevant industry experience may be considered.
- Experience with various 3rd party software: Microsoft Office applications and others.
- Working experience in SAP, IBM i, and third party software integration.
- Experience in providing in-depth analysis for long term as well as short-term goals that have to be identified according to time restrictions.
- Sound experience in creating flow charts, logical reasoning, good networking and expertise in writing program instructions, user manuals and project specifications.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.