As one of the largest general contractors in the Southeast, Choate considers our reputation our number one asset, with future success founded upon the strength of our client relationships and our employees. Choate excels in both base and interior construction with office locations in Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Savannah.
Choate Construction is looking for a positive, creative, and highly motivated individual who is passionate about communications. Whether to further our unique culture internally or to convey Choate’s environment externally, if you enjoy crafting a message to inform, motivate, and connect… We are looking for you!
Our Corporate Communications Specialist demonstrates a passion for storytelling, employee engagement, and a varied workload. Serving both internal and external audiences, this corporate position will work with all offices and reports to our Marketing Director. They maintain a keen awareness of our company objectives, core values, and business strategy.
The ideal candidate is positive, passionate, detail-oriented, driven, proactive, and of course, an excellent communicator. They possess extremely strong written and verbal communications skills and have an eye for aesthetics. They thrive on taking ownership of their projects and balancing many varied deadlines, as well as working with high-performing teams across the Choate offices.
As a 100% employee-owned company, our culture of doing “whatever it takes” permeates all positions. This role embraces that spirit and communicates it to others, working with our ESOP Communications Committee. They also inspire and “re-recruit” our employees with compelling and effective internal communications.
If you find yourself thinking, “That’s me!” while reading this, we can’t wait for you to join our amazing group of employee owners!
Skills and Qualifications:
• Preferred four (4) year degree in a communications/journalism/marketing curriculum.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Create Suite
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Extremely strong written and verbal skills
• Excellent eye for graphic design and aesthetic elements; must protect Choate’s brand
• Experience developing engaging digital and printed content
• Possesses professional tact, diplomacy, and maturity at all times
• Strong social media skills