Title: Staff Accountant I
Type: Full Time/Non - Exempt
Reports To: Senior Systems Accountant
With a robust history dating back to 1933, Wright Tree Service is now one of the largest vegetation management contractors in the U.S. We provide vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Wright Tree Service is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, and has more than 3,000 employees across 44 states. At Wright Tree Service, we know that our employees are the foundation of a successful business. We offer a safety focused culture with competitive pay and benefits. From entry level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. Wright Tree Service is an employee-owned company, serving utilities, specifically their vegetation management departments.
- Accounts Receivable processing including posting customer payments, reconciliation and collection efforts, and issuance of monthly/weekly customer statements and aging reports.
- Reconciling employee accounts receivable accounts.
- Reconciling sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Entering journal entries into the general ledger.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A four year degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of two years field related experience.
- Ability to pick up responsibilities quickly and adapt to change.
- Excellent organizational skills and tendencies; strong attention to detail.
- Open to working overtime in order to process workload within deadlines.
- Proficient with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software.
Pre-employment drug screen and a background check is a condition of employment.
To apply, please completed an application at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/and attach a physical copy of your resume.