Duration: 7 Months (Contract Position, Benefits Not Provided)
Second Level Help Desk Support (remotely and desk-side) - analyze and resolve hardware, software and application problems for networked and stand-alone computer systems and networked resources. Typical assignment supports 350+/- computers in three geographically similar locations.
- Report hardware failures to appropriate vendors.
- Train users in operating systems, application programs, utilities and hardware operation.
- Create technical documentation and computer training materials for end-users. Including documenting ticketing and request systems, creating technical SOPs and end-user materials.
- Image, install and move IT-related equipment.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License mandatory
- Willingness to drive throughout Sacramento County including to Galt and West Sacramento (A county
- van is available or a vehicle may be checked out at the motor pool after approval by County Fleet Services; however, typical contractor uses personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.)
- Communicate clearly and tactfully on the telephone and in person
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to analyze, diagnose and resolve customer problems
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 (COMPTIA A+ and Network+ equivalent or greater experience)
- Knowledge of Office 2010 and Office 2016
- Knowledge of computer imaging and software deployment technologies including MS System Center Configuration Manager
- PowerShell scripting/packaging experience - preferred