Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Quality Engineer (Internship)
Assist the Quality Manager and Quality Supervisor on Customer Quality Issues. Create defect criteria by part number, FMEA’s and Control Plans.
Assist the department with:
- Day to day customer issues.
- Evaluate/Troubleshoot existing quality issues.
- Provide support by helping to resolve issues with cross functional project teams.
- Working Knowledge of Flow diagrams, Control Plans and FMEA’s.
- Exposure to a production environment.
- CAD/Solidworks experience.
- Knowledge of how a Quality System works.
- Ability to read Blueprint’s.
- Have the ability to understand problem solving tools including 8D, Six Sigma.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently to plan and organize. Must be able to facilitate customer/ team relationship.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Pursuing a degree in the Quality field.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.