Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Business Analyst-SAP ABAP Programmer
Business Analyst – SAP ABAP Programmer role supports by gathering and documenting requirements, working with leadership and other IT staff to devise solutions, and implement solutions to business requirements, with little guidance from IT management. This professional is responsible for research, analysis, design, configuration, development, full-cycle testing and installation of new software, as well as perform analysis and maintenance of SAP/IBM i ERP systems. They often required to work on a strict deadline and must also be excellent time managers.
This person will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where they will be engaged with designing the user experience, implementing solutions and be expected to drive value into the business. They will provide thorough leadership on best practices for programming design, and have a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration of SAP, IBM i, and third party software. This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving and computer skills, as well as attention to detail.
This programmer will be required to perform complex ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement, and support of SAP modules.
- Perform requirements data analysis, data cleansing, assist users to acquire management approval, project management, design, configuration, conversion, implementation, support, documentation, and system interface support on multiple ERP systems.
- Responsible for maintenance, support and enhancement of SAP modules and interfaces IBM i and other third party applications.
- Lead various project activities to completion. Changes are presented in a project plan which may need to contain information about modifications, updates, errors or maintenance.
- Conduct interview sessions with end users and management to discover new requirements; define processes, and implement business requirements.
- Follow best practices and procedures in order to remain J-SOX compliant.
- Perform project management and coordination of workload tasks for optimum efficiency.
- Possess strong knowledge and programming skills, build test conditions, test scripts and test cases to test new enhancements to ensure their smooth functioning in order to deliver the desired results.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Responsible for preparing detailed technical specifications and provide support to users on functional specifications.
- Facilitate the enhancement and implementation of applications to improve business functionality and overall performance complying with established standards, methodologies and best practices as well as strong experience troubleshooting performance, configuration and application issues.
- High user satisfaction
- Provide applications development and enhancement functions, including analysis, design, coding, testing, and object transports using SAP’s ABAP Development Workbench.
- Work with SAP functional analysts and Operations business analysts to formalize specifications for custom development.
- Design and implement technical solutions for conversions, interfaces, enhancements, reports, forms and work-flows using call transactions, user exits, bolt-ons, standard data transfer, dialog programming, SAP Script, etc.
- Develop custom solutions using customized transactions and the enhancement framework including user exits to provide additional functionality not available within standard SAP.
- Strong desire to learn a variety of IT disciplines, either through self-study, collaboration with other teams and/or third party services and apply it to business problems and requirements.
- Technical proficiency, excellent analytical skills for problem solving and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience: managing multiple projects, objectives, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team or in a lead role including chairing project management meetings and leading teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of staff and management, as well as with outside customer/vendors.
- Show Initiative and displays a positive flexible attitude.
- Willingness to train and mentor junior staff.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, including good grammar skills.
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills capable of working efficiently and productively with members across different disciplines and locations.
- Must have ability to work independently to plan & organize.
- Solid understanding of SAP ERP applications
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in technical analysis, design, development, implementation and documentation (both technical and functional) of projects in IBM i and SAP ERP systems.
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science or related discipline desired. Equivalent relevant industry experience may be considered.
- Experience with various 3rd party software: Microsoft Office applications and others.
- Working experience in SAP, IBM i, and third party software integration.
- Experience in providing in-depth analysis for long term as well as short-term goals that have to be identified according to time restrictions.
- Sound experience in creating flow charts, logical reasoning, good networking and expertise in writing program instructions, user manuals and project specifications.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.