With a robust history dating back to 1933, Wright Tree Service is now one of the largest vegetation management contractors in the U.S. We provide vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Wright Tree Service is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, and has more than 3,400 employees across 40 states. At Wright Tree Service, we know that our employees are the foundation of a successful business. We offer a safety-focused culture with competitive pay and benefits. From entry-level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available! Wright Tree Service is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team on a temporary and/or part-time basis.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and standards.
- Investigates and responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints with the assistance of the Human Resources Manager.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims. Coordinates discussions with management and third-party vendor to represent the company at unemployment hearings.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; assist with advertisements, interviewing tips and questions.
- Verifies Form I-9s and conducts background checks when applicable.
- Assists General Foreman, Division Managers and Regional Managers with discipline and separations.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information, coordinating where necessary with Human Resources Manager and General Counsel while recommending an appropriate course of action.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objective, setting timetable and schedules and conducts research.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing legislation and staying up to date with any changes.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluates potential solutions, coaches and counsels managers and employees.
- Promotes safety within the company and provides positive reinforcement.
- Manages and administers leaves of absence, focusing primarily on Family Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Presents information to appropriate divisions within the company regarding human resource policies and procedures.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, HR Certification a plus.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our field operations management teams and employees.
- Working knowledge of EEOC, Title VII, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, federal and state employment legislation, and Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to make independent decisions and resolve employee relation issues; ability to handle sensitive personnel matters in a confidential fashion.
- Strong organizational skills and tendencies; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently; extremely detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Pre-employment drug screening and a background check is a condition of employment.
To apply, submit a resume to our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/.