As a Bridge Laborer on our team, you will perform manual labor using instruments and hand and power tools as you assist the Bridge Carpenter, Crane Operator, and Bridge Foreman in bridge demolition, construction, and renovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demo existing bridge
- Excavate for abutments
- Drive pile
- Cut pipe
- Locate utilities
- Level grades
- Digging/pounding stakes
- Placing erosion control materials.
- Setting forming and striping of forms.
- Assists in pouring and finishing concrete.
- Assists in rigging and provides flagging and direction to Crane Operator.
- Works closely with other crew members using hand signals to coordinate work and ensure safety.
- Keeps equipment clean and in working order and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
- Follows Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and understand construction plans to locate utilities and meet land grade standards.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Physical and other requirements:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work are required.