IPD Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer based in our Syracuse, NY office. IPD Engineering is a progressive Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Structural design firm, which takes an active role in assisting owners and architects to re-think and re-imagine occupant spaces in the most sustainable and economical way possible. Our firm is known for being pioneers in our industry, implementing some of the most innovative and sustainable engineering designs in our industry.
The ideal candidate will be a licensed professional with a minimum of 10 years structural engineering experience. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare proposals demonstrating knowledge of building structure principles.
- Perform all aspects of structural engineering including analysis, design, detailing, shop drawings and site inspections.
- During construction, prepare site inspection reports.
- Coordinate with other engineering and architectural trades during design.
- Participate in developing and editing details and specifications.
- Produce condition reports and feasibility studies.
- Work with structural designers to provide guidance and promote skill development.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering. Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, and Microsoft Office.