Mathy Construction is a respected leader in the asphalt paving industry. Founded in 1945, our company provides quality production, placement and maintenance of hot mix asphalt throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Additionally, we are a major supplier of construction aggregates. Our company specializes in projects such as interstate highways, airfields, commercial parking lots, residential streets, driveways, tennis courts, athletic tracks, recreational trails and bike paths.
A tradition of commitment, quality and excellence is the foundation of our continued success. For nearly 75 years, our family-owned company has had a long-standing tradition in providing the highest quality products and services for our communities. Our dedication to both our customers and employees is testament to the values upon which this company was built and a basis for future generations to come.
The Corporate Claims Manager mitigates the organization’s exposure to risk by managing the coordination of claims for general liability, auto liability, workers compensation and other insurance related matters. This position will be responsible for working with corporate legal department, insurance company representatives, and safety and facility managers to develop an action plan to respond to claims.
- Review and analyze all claims and lawsuits and assist with the management of work flow through closure.
- Responsible for review of incidents and coordination of investigations with Chief Legal Officer.
- Works with Chief Legal Officer to review claims/lawsuits and develop resolution strategies to discuss with outside legal counsel.
- Review reserves of claims/lawsuits with Chief Legal Officer to adequately evaluate the cost of case until closure.
- Document all correspondence and submit claims to insurance carrier.
- Interview and/or correspond with employees, witnesses, or other relevant parties to determine liability for claim progression: settlement, denial, or litigation.
- College Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in claims management.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation regulations in multi-state jurisdictions primarily WI, MN and IA.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data & information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling of claims.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software.
This is a full-time position offering competitive compensation and attractive benefits including medical, dental, life/AD&D, and disability insurance, profit sharing/401k plan and paid vacation.