Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Human Resource (Internship)
This role assists with a variety of programs and activities covering multiple HR activities. With direct supervision by HR Management or Senior HR professionals this position will assist with various aspects of the organization’s compensation and benefit, recruitment, training, organization development, and employee relations programs.
- Assist with employee questions, concerns and/or complaints
- Assist with filling open positions with internal and external candidates, including recruitment efforts, postings, interviews, and job offers
- Assists with internal training including new hire orientation and various internal training programs
- Assists with distributing and processing outgoing and incoming hourly and salary performance evaluations, transfers, and 90 day transfer follow-ups
- Assists with processing all written and verbal VOE’s (Verification of employment)
- Assists with processing and distributing monthly production schedules and internal/external job postings
- Assists with other duties, such as replacing the switch board operator
- Is responsible for maintaining very confidential information and protecting its security
- Performs various clerical and statistical assignments related to personnel functions
- Assists with planning and mailing invites for all company events
- Ten-plus party
- Christmas party
- Company picnic
- Leadgroup meetings
- Assists in leading orientation for part-time, full-time, and summer student employees
- Pursuing a Bachelors/Associates degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Motivation and great attitude.
- A high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and manage workload independently.
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Minimum of 1 completed year in related field (preferred).
- Be considered a full time student (12 credits or more).
- Be 18 years or older.
If you would like to be considered for production employment if an internship is not available, you will have to apply separately when position is available on http://www.waupacafoundry.com/en/careers/opportunities
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.