Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer I to join our Energy & Renewables group in our Richmond, VA office location. Projects in this group focus on land development for utility scale wind and solar farm projects around the country. A typical scope on a project includes road design, crane path design, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design, mass grading, erosion and sediment control design and field reconnaissance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Perform research and write objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering, or a closely related degree
- Ideal candidates would have up to two years of experience in Land Development site planning civil engineering
- EIT preferred
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the Unites States without sponsorship now and in the future
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.