Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
- Understand the design and build of VMM mold patterns, core setters, Laempe/CB/D75 core machines and definners
- Fabricate tooling components using lathes, drill presses, hand drills etc.
- Assemble tooling components according to assembly prints
- Polish tooling to WF standards using a variety of hand, pneumatic, and power tools
- Use of overhead hoists and fork truck for material movement
- Locate and mount proper cutters in collets according to tooling list
- Setup tooling in CNC machining center with proper offsets
- Load and fixture stock material in CNC machining center
- Load CNC programs through CNC user interface
- Provide suggested preventative measures, to ensure inherent and robust machine capability
- Assist in the 6S program, as well as maintaining and cleaning machinery
- 5-10 years of related experience in foundry pattern fabrication
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings
- Understanding of machine setup and material fixtures
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- Employ critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Team orientated, self-motivated, and have a desire to learn
- Must be flexible on working hours
- Must take an assessment test prior to being considered
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.