Soil-tek is an Erosion control, seeding and tree planting contractor, headquartered in Grimes Iowa. We are the Midwest’s largest provider of Erosion Control and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan Management Services.
We have immediate openings for experienced Equipment Operators and General Labor Crew Members for a large highway construction project in the Des Moines county area. An Operator should possess a fundamental understanding of construction and have a farm, agriculture and/or landscape background. Class A CDL drivers license desired.
$14.50 - $18.50 Per Hour to Start plus Davis Bacon Predetermined Wage Rates apply when working this project - $18.08 - $25.83 plus fringe.
These positions are responsible for the installation, maintenance and removal of erosion control methods including silt fence, hydro-seeding, matting, grading and mowing. Knowledge of light equipment operation including skid, tractor, hydro-seeding equipment a plus but not required. CDL Class A license desired.
Other requirements include:
- Work effectively with supervisor and peers
- Ability to safely operate equipment
- Carry and load materials to be used on the job, physically able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- Follow all company safety policies and practices
- Report any equipment repairs needed to Production Manager
- Light repair and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Assist in hauling equipment to and from job site
- Thorough completion of production reports
Successful candidates must be team players with a good work ethic, possess good verbal communication skills. Must have valid drivers license with clear driving record. Offers contingent successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Group Health insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Plan
- Paid Holidays
These are full-time positions, average work week is 40 - 50 hours per week.
Please visit our website: http://www.soil-tek.com/careers/
For immediate consideration click the apply button above!