Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants and Wright Tree Service of the West. Wright Service Corp. has been employee-owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933 when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright. Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
From entry-level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. Wright Service Corp. is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team!
- Serve as a professional representative and leader of the Wright Service Corp. family of companies.
- Identify and guide continuous focus on department strategic priorities, in line with the strategic priorities of companies. Create objectives and tactics to support priorities and distribute responsibilities accordingly.
- Develop marketing and communications budgets and monitor expenses. Present strategic value of marketing and communications to the executive team and other company leadership.
- Train, direct, supervise and evaluate the performance of senior marketing and communications specialists, marketing and communications specialists, marketing and communications coordinator, and marketing and communications assistant, as well as interns as needed.
- Initiate relationships with, manage, and measure the performance of vendors (clothing, promotional product, graphic design, production and other). Select and manage hardware, software and other products.
- Foster relationships with appropriate media and trade entities and promote companies and employees as credible sources. Act as company spokesperson and/or guide professional and ethical communication.
- Serve as a resource and editor for executive, management and other employees’ and departments’ communications.
- Review and develop content, including copy, functionality, photo, and video, for websites, newsletters, collateral, bids and reports, direct mail, social media, and other marketing and communications deliverables for both internal and external audiences.
- Review and manage the graphic design of ads, newsletters, websites, displays, direct mail, and other marketing and communications deliverables to ensure strategic and consistent branding and messaging.
- Supervise production of deliverables with vendors, within budget parameters.
- Evaluate media. When needed, coordinate ad buys within budget parameters, as well as related submission processes.
- Oversee planning of annual awards banquet, regional and national tradeshows, client appreciation events, management meetings, quarterly management training, local promotional events; corporate office social, volunteer, and wellness events; and other events and initiatives.
- Direct coordination of donations and sponsorships and leverage opportunities for greatest impact.
- Oversee research and distribution of relevant public information about Wright Service Corp. companies, competitors, and markets and creation and maintenance of internal documents, including marketing calendar, lead and website analytics, market opportunity database, the library of industry and company publications, etc.
- Work with general counsel to ensure accurate company representation and trademarking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or another related field.
- 7 – 10 years of experience with related marketing and communications responsibilities.
- 2 years of leadership and supervisory experience.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills, public speaking and media relations experience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn about the industries in which our companies operate.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products; willingness and ability to learn other programs as necessary; familiarity with WordPress, photography, and Adobe design programs.
- Availability for moderate travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with education level, relative experience, and other attributes. Wright Service Corp. is an employee-owned company and offers outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription, LTD, voluntary life, AD&D and business travel insurance, salary continuation, paid time off, and more. This position is also eligible for incentive compensation.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples on our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/.
Pre-employment drug screening and a background check is a condition of employment.