Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Bridge Engineer to join our Raleigh, North Carolina office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Perform routine and complex bridge designs
- Perform bridge rehabilitation designs
- Conduct load ratings
- Assist with the development of scope, schedule, and budgets for projects
- Assist with the management of projects and tasks
- Assist with marketing and proposal development
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of bridge design experience
- Current Virginia PE (or the ability to obtain the license through comity upon hiring) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AASHTO Manual for Bridge Evaluation and NCDOT standards
- Proficiency in structural design software packages
- Proficiency in the use of Microstation and/or AutoCAD for plan development
- NBIS bridge inspection certification is a plus
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.