Title: Help Desk Analyst I
Type: Full Time
Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants and Wright Tree Service of the West.
Wright Service Corp. has been employee-owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933 when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
- Delivering quality customer service by providing daily technical and operational assistance in the use of personal computers, corporate software applications, and networking.
- Acts as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from users regarding IT issues and inquiries.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Corrects application issues, solve network and security problems and identify common PC software and hardware problems.
- Provides hardware support for PCs and Laptops, such as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware.
- Supports Software/Hardware on equipment such as Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors, and other peripherals.
- Provides support for Windows 7/8/10 by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics.
- Assigns user-name, password, and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client software.
- Prioritization set based on department guidelines of incidents first, service requests second and projects third.
- Responsible to stay on top of current news, system information such as operating systems, problems, changes in the industry, software applications and updates that are relevant to our customer base by formally sharing what has been learned.
- Verify that a technical document exists for all installations.
- Send emails or text messaging and update appropriate areas with any service interruptions.
- Complete assigned tickets and tasks within our corporate ticketing system.
- Check after-hours tickets and follow-up as required to complete them.
- Working knowledge of iOS-based products.
- Organization skills with the ability to multitask effectively
- Requires the ability to articulate in a clear and precise manner and the ability to obtain information quickly and accurately
- Ability to identify and organize tickets according to priority and forward tickets if needed.
- Maintains positive professional relationships with team members and customers
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both orally and in writing
- Positive customer service or "can do" attitude.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation as required for issue escalation or facilitation.
- Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
Work Experience Required:
- 1+ years of working experience in a Service Desk/Help Desk environment
- 1+ years of working with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Undergraduate degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent highly desired
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification preferred