The Junior System Administrator will be assisting in the day-to-day support, configuration, and maintenance of all the systems within the IT Infrastructure and will assist in providing support for our firewalls, switches, servers, SAN storage systems, VoIP system, and all business-critical applications.
- Support and manage the day-to-day operations of all business-critical systems within the corporate office and data center networks by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Assist in the operation of technology resources (networks, servers, computers, software, and data services).
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, policies and procedures to establish and maintain organizational structure.
- Responsible for managing work flow and meeting deadlines while responding to frequent demands of multiple customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of Helpdesk support and/or Windows system administration experience. Linux administration is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, and Windows Server.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V and the ability to design, implement and performance tune such environments is required.
- Experience working in co-located data centers, including the design and standup of new data center.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Exchange environments both on prem and cloud
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional, tactful, and sensitive manner.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and some very long nights.
- Must be able to travel on occasion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with regularly changing priorities and developing opportunities, both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform a server migration from Windows Server 2008 to Window Server 2016
- Experience in PowerShell and scripting is required.
- Some IT Security knowledge.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Attention to details and well organized is a must.