Nova Group Inc., a Quanta Services company, is an industry leading general engineering construction company with 40 plus years of experience worldwide. Nova specializes in hydrant fueling, waterfront, electrical and utility military construction projects for the Department of Defense (NAVFAC, ACOE). Nova exceeds customer expectations through innovative construction, safety, quality and outstanding customer service.
Headquartered in Napa, CA, with regional offices in Port Orchard, WA, Japan and project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with Nova! Nova offers employees competitive health benefits, matching 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
Assist skilled craft workers in performing their assigned duties.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools such as sawing, erecting and dismantling scaffolding, shoring and braces, mounting pipe hangers, cutting, and attaching insulation material, etc.
- Lifts, carries and holds building materials and supplies, measures distances, drives stakes and stretches tight line.
- Polishes surfaces such as concrete or wood.
- Mops, sweeps, cleans tools, equipment, materials and work area.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and procedures.
- Works harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous other duties and responsibilities as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Worker should be able to: Follow specific instruction; perform a variety of duties that change often; repeat tasks of short duration according to set procedures; work within standard of accuracy; and evaluate information using measurable standards. Physically, worker must be able to stand and walk for long periods; use arms and hands to reach for handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50+ pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolding and other objects and carry tools and equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear (naturally or with correction). High school diploma preferred and on the job training required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening
- Ability to gain federal base access (includes background check)
- Construction experience preferred
- Health Insurance
- Prevailing Wage including Health and Welfare Fringe Benefits and Cash Fringes