Title: Fleet Coordinator
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Reports To: Fleet Manager
The Fleet Coordinator is responsible for assisting field personnel in maintaining all Division motorized equipment. Research and publish preventative maintenance schedules for all types of motorized equipment. Negotiate parts, component and labor agreements with vendors and shop facilities. Communicate with OEM manufacturers and various up-fitters regarding recall programs and warranty coverage where applicable. Maintain Fleet and corporate vehicles as well as facilities in both the West Des Moines and Waukee locations.
- Assist field operations with the repair and maintenance of the fleet
- Successful resolution of all warranty claims
- Provide training and give presentations on fleet related topics
- Manage equipment delivery logistics and the day to day maintenance on our properties in West Des Moines and Waukee, Iowa
- Interface with and assist field personnel with equipment repairs and preventative maintenance
- Negotiate parts and labor pricing with new and existing parts vendors and service facilities
- Accumulate and provide to field; maintenance, repair and service procedures for various equipment types and manufacturers utilized in the field. Communicate with management at all levels
- Process & publish manufacturer’s recall and product update bulletins to field personnel. Accept, analyze and translate publications, create and maintain spreadsheets, monitor completion and maintain communication with division management to accomplish task
- Assist Fleet Manager, Supervisor and other Fleet personnel as needed, to accomplish objectives as assigned. Including but not limited to; equipment pickup and delivery, equipment up-fitting, record keeping, vehicle registration and expense reporting
- Maintain and oversee corporate properties in West Des Moines and Waukee. Maintain facility systems as needed to include; lighting, plumbing, security, HVAC systems, office furniture and other systems as required. Communicate with vendors and service companies to contract facility repairs, maintenance and updates
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of equipment as needed, between divisions as requested, and from up fitters and OEM manufacturers to divisions. Contact and negotiate rates with various drive-away and equipment hauling carriers. Assist in transporting equipment to and from Divisions as needed
- Provide training in preventative maintenance, medium & heavy duty driving and equipment loading, unloading and load securement to field operations personnel as needed
- Apply advanced analytical abilities to diverse issues, manage multiple priorities and meet numerous deadlines
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
- High School Degree minimum with good mechanical aptitude. Additional education and related experience is a plus
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stay
- Ability to multitask, meet critical deadlines, and work within a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of automotive mechanics and hydraulic principles
- Experience in maintaining or operating a fleet of vehicles, truck shop or heavy equipment, mechanical experience and/or shop foreman/parts manager experience a plus
- General Understanding of Accounting Principles and Financial Analysis
- Knowledge of procurement practices, company systems processes and/or interfaces
- Operational knowledge of fleet vehicle operations and systems to include manufacturer specifications and business practices
- Forecasting and trend analysis, and value/cost analysis abilities
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point
Wright Tree Service Offers:
- Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy, Casual dress M-F which includes jeans
- Competitive pay & great benefits including PTO, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Wellness Reimbursement
- ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company
- Team Thursdays - An office wide team building event that occurs throughout the year
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/ and submit an application.
Pre-employment drug screening and a background check is a condition of employment.