At Shaw Lundquist, we believe in client-focused solutions to tackle even the toughest and most complex construction projects. This dedication to our clients and commitment to our values and mission has earned us the reputation as a builder with integrity and helped us grow into a leading general contractor in the metro area with a second operations office is Las Vegas, Nevada.
As one of the largest Asian American-owned contractors in the nation, we are committed to embracing and supporting diversity in the workplace. Shaw Lundquist team members and trade partners draw from a range of backgrounds, ethnicities, and experiences and are committed to our mission of building better lives and communities for our team members and the neighborhoods and cities we work in.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the execution of SLA’s Business Development, Communications & Marketing Plan, with a primary focus on developing winning responses to Requests for Proposals. Other duties include coordinating signage, special events, award nominations, professional photography, and apparel as further explained below. All of these duties are equally important and the areas of work listed below are in no particular order or priority.
- Work with the Business Development team to determine annual budgets and manage expenses to the approved budget.
Graphic Design & Marketing Materials
- Lead team in preparing responses to requests for proposals (RFPs), including managing tasks and deliverables, writing (ensuring a consistent brand voice and responsiveness to client), graphic design, and delivery. Expect to prepare 5-7 proposals per month combined for the MN and NV offices.
- Design and coordinate creation of presentations for trade shows, events and client interviews.
- Create new and maintain current team member resumes.
- Internal site signage and posters as needed.
- Execute a company communications plan designed to support business development objectives and influence decision-making favorably toward SLA.
- Plan and prepare press releases to targeted media promoting project starts, milestones and dedications.
- Plan and execute a consistent social media presence to position SLA as an active construction company with a focus on achieving its vision and mission in the community.
- Awards submissions: Coordinate with clients/design teams to prepare and submit 3-5 per year, e.g. Finance & Commerce Top Projects, NAIOP Awards of Excellence, Design-Build Institute of America, etc.
Events and Client/Project Data Management
- Maintain trade show booth; prep for shows, coordinate promotional items, and attend when needed.
- Organize employee holiday party in February.
- Coordinate the Fred Shaw annual employee recognition award.
- Manage client database for targeted gifts, mailings and holiday cards.
- Arrange a corporate volunteer day of service (Habitat, Polar Plunge, etc.)
- Contract for professional project photography and staff head shots throughout the year.
- At the completion of projects, lead the process to capture lessons learned and manage the collection of client satisfaction responses.
Apparel & Promotional Items
- Working directly with staff, complete quarterly orders for SLA apparel.
- Track distribution and inventory of apparel and promotional items.
- Research, price, evaluate and make recommendation on new items as needed.
- A minimum of 2-4 year working in a related field.
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented Team Player with a cooperative spirit
- Excellent computer knowledge for both MAC and PC environments with proficiency in InDesign, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Excel Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Enthusiasm for the Values of Shaw-Lundquist Associates and the clients we serve