Nova Group Inc., a Quanta Services company, is an industry leading general engineering construction company with 40 plus years of experience worldwide. Nova specializes in hydrant fueling, waterfront, electrical and utility military construction projects for the Department of Defense (NAVFAC, ACOE). Nova exceeds customer expectations through innovative construction, safety, quality and outstanding customer service.
Headquartered in Napa, CA, with regional offices in Port Orchard, WA, Japan and project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with Nova! Nova offers employees competitive health benefits, matching 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
Implement and manage Quality Control Program per the specifications and project QC Plan. Candidates with DOD experience preferred.
- Work closely with Project Superintendent and Project Manager coordinating quality and production
- Manage and coordinate QC Specialists and Special Inspectors
- Manage and coordinate the three phases of control and documentation performed by QC Specialists
- Perform the three phases of control (except for those phases delegated to QC Specialists) and ensure compliance with project plans and specifications
- Conduct Preparatory meetings and initial inspections on all definable features of work and all new work activities
- Conduct and keep minutes of weekly QC/Production Meetings
- Complete daily Quality Control Reports for submission to the Owner
- Develop and maintain QC project files
- Prepare, review and transmit submittals
- Perform QC review and approve subcontractor submittals prior to transmitting to Owner
- Maintain the Submittal Register
- Write RFIs in coordination with Project Supt. and Project Manager
- Develop and maintain the Testing Plan and Log
- Keep a Rework Log of work that does not comply with the contract requirements
- Maintain reports of on-site and off-site quality control inspections and tests performed, including work by suppliers and subcontractors
- Keep the Owner informed of onsite and offsite sampling/testing
- Perform pre-final and final inspections; develop/manage punch lists to completion
- Maintain As-Built drawings
- Maintain weld log, weld field map with locations and elevations, when applicable
- Take and process progress photos
- Prepare QC Plan; may assist with preparation of EPP and APP
- Be familiar with the EM 385-1-1, monitor field work for safety violations and inform the SSHO of any problems observed, take immediate action if necessary
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four-year degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science. Experience with DoD construction contracts. Familiar with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety and Health Requirements. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer, or Construction Manager. Minimum of 2 years experience as a QC Manager. Current USACE/NAVFAC CQM management certification. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills are essential.
Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening and U.S. government background/security requirements.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Program
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement