Leopardo is one of the nation’s largest and most respected construction firms, building world-class facilities with innovative, environmentally-friendly processes. We are considered “best in class” by our clients and peers, and the media consistently ranks us among the top builders in the United States. For more than three decades, Leopardo has been recognized for consistently performing at the very top of the industry. Our reputation for outstanding customer service stems from our mission to passionately pursue construction excellence. Our long-standing commitment to continuous improvement comes with a healthy obsession with quality. This approach transforms our operations and customer service, helping us become the construction provider of choice in all our specialized markets: healthcare, interiors, retail, cinema, hospitality, office, industrial, residential and municipal.
Summary: The Director, Procurement is responsible for procuring, expediting and scheduling deliveries of materials and services to job sites. The role is required to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. The role requires proven success both as a leader who has built and enabled effective teams, and as an individual contributor who adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment. Working with the Executive Vice President of Operations, the role will develop and implement best-in-class sourcing strategies and processes to drive efficiency and reduce spending to ensure overall value creation. The Director of Procurement will define the strategic vision for the company’s category sourcing strategies, be responsible to implement and track performance against these strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and manage end to end procedures to improve procurement systems, identify synergies and implement best practices and processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Create value by introducing innovative solutions that can impact results, enhance profitability and assist the organization to meets its business objectives and goals.
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to set strategic vision and goals and ensure execution of all procurement strategies are carried out and adhered to throughout Leopardo.
- Establish and build strong internal relationships with internal customers and other key stake holders within the Leopardo team.
- Negotiate contracts for materials, supplies, equipment and services with selected vendors. Develops new supply sources if necessary.
- Actively manages approved suppliers including evaluations and follows up with reports and corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with company objectives.
- Develop and manage metrics to track cost savings and avoidance, supplier performance via order to actual and delivery time, purchase price variance and other critical key performance indicators.
- Develop effective supplier relationships at appropriate levels to ensure long term partnerships with key suppliers.
- Drive appropriate supplier segmentation strategies to establish sourcing direction based upon strategy, performance, and importance.
- Research new and improved sources of supply as appropriate to support sourcing activities.
- Support continuous improvement activities across the entire supply chain including development and implementation of appropriate measures of performance.
- Strategic oversight of the entire procurement function to ensure overall alignment of processes relating to the purchase of goods, services, and subcontracts.
- Lead the development, roll-out, and implementation of purchasing guidelines, policies and procedures across the organization.
- Build and define continuous improvement principles to ensure procurement operations are effective and efficient while reducing costs and strengthening the synergy of cross-functional teams.
- Identify, develop, and manage strategic business relationships to help foster corporate growth, revenue achievement, and new initiatives.
- Develop, hone and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
- Evaluate and enhance our operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in global spend.
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency.
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
Critical Thinking and Decision Making
Adaptability and Change Leadership
Supervisory Requirements: None.
Education / Experience Requirements:
Professional BA/BS or equivalent experience required. MBA preferred.
15 plus years of combined consulting and/or industry operating experience
Successful 10+ year track record within procurement and supply chain management.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None.
Physical Demands: Representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role and performed in a professional office setting. The employee is consistently required to talk or hear; stand, walk and sit in combination and / or sequence; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; have adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus; keyboard, write and read. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must have the ability to travel when required.
Work Environment: This job operates in a controlled indoor environment where the noise level is usually quiet. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Also, on a project site the environment is occasionally loud.
Limitation and Disclaimer: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and / or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Employment-at-Will: This document does not create an employment contract, either express or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision program
- Life Insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Long Term Care
- IRS 125 Plan
- PTO and paid holidays
- Profit sharing plan
- 401k plan
- 529 college savings plan
- Complimentary chair massages
- Annual service and special recognition awards
- Friday hours
- Professional training and development
- Annual employee team-building and training retreats
- Bereavement time off
- Company-paid annual employee golf outing
- Company-issued, network accessible cell phones
- Local health club and child care discounts
- Various charitable activities