Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong communities
- Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KA is consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
This position will be responsible for bidding, planning, directing and coordinating activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of the projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project proposal, plans and specifications to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Review work scopes for self-perform work
- Visit job sites to document existing conditions
- Complete quantity take-offs in On Screen Take-off (OST)
- Complete Estimates in WinEst
- Works with accounting to enter project budgets
- Establishes work plan, scheduling and staffing for each phase of project and arrangement for recruitment or assignment of project personnel and equipment as needed.
- Has a working knowledge of tools and equipment used in self-perform work
- Reads and understands drawings and specifications.
- Establishes a growing network of business associates, subcontractors and related vendors.
- Confers with team leader or project staff to outline work plans, assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Coordinates activities with project staff to ensure project progress within prescribed budget and provides technical advice to resolve problems.
- Negotiates with the contractor and vendors on projects in order to maintain an efficient and well-run project.
- Works with actual billings on projects and works with Finance to ensure a smooth process on all projects.
- Prepares project reports for management, clients and others and reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of governmental regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Works with Project Superintendents, Crew Foremen, Project Coordinators, clients and subcontractors.
- Supervises Project Coordinator assigned to projects including planning, assigning work, providing feedback and appraising performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with contractors and other project partners
- Assist the Safety Department in an effort to enforce the corporate safety and health policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college/university or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) and knowledge of project management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness and develops suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Makes self-available to staff and regularly provides feedback and helps to develop subordinate’s skills and encourages growth.
- Inspires and motivates self and team to perform well.
- Continuously works to improve supervisory skills.
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Travel up to 50 % of time.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For Field/Jobsite Requirements:
- Frequently sits, stands and talks.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must work and climb on a jobsite to review or inspect work progress.
- Ability to maneuver on ladders and scaffolding, walk through sand or mud, climb on and around vehicles and construction equipment.
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package, including
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance & Disability
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact