It’s becoming more and more common these days to find unexpected blossoming techno-scapes under the hood of seemingly non-technical industries. That’s just how the 21st century is moving along - and PS Lifestyle is no exception. We are leaders in the salon and spa market for retirement communities, and we’re leveraging some hefty tech solutions to support our fast-growing footprint.
We’re looking for a web application developer to add to our small team of fewer-than-ten to continue meeting the demands of our growth. The right person for this position is someone who is excited to build applications and APIs that keep data flowing through the business. They are a developer that likes the idea of joining a team that’s keeping a 37-state salon company surging forward by employing state-of-the-art cloud technology. Ever wanted to work for a salon company but you’re better with code and Docker containers than with scissors? This is your chance.
● Ongoing development of existing projects while undertaking new development work as projects expand and are added
● Diagnose and resolve issues with released or soon-to-release software
● Build new components and APIs according to requirements and design specifications
● Deliver code that resolves issues assigned to you while meeting team standards and passing relevant code and user tests
You Bring (requirements)
● A working understanding of MVC/SOA web application frameworks (We use PHP/Laravel, and will train to help you adapt if your specialties lie in other like-minded frameworks)
● General knowledge of basic SQL queries (though Laravel’s Eloquent handles most of this for us)
● Proficiency with Git SCM including branches and pull-requests
● Basic command-line program execution to run our development environment bootstrapping, which will fire up Docker containers on your machine
● Readiness to engage a SCRUM-style development workflow and tool set to deliver quality code that meets project requirements on time
We Bring (benefits and perks)
● A great team of veteran professionals to develop software alongside of
● The opportunity to build cutting-edge cloud-based applications - while always applying good-sense caution, we get pretty jazzed about the newest tech available
● Remote-capable workflow - communicate via Slack, engage the tasks via Atlassian’s platform (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence) while being present in the office when needed
● Project and goal based workflow with flexible hours
● Powerful gear to get the job done - laptop, tablet, etc.
● An industry to work in where your code and achievements make a difference in people’s lives, helping improve our level of service to our salon customers
Benefits include 401k with match, Full life, health, dental, and vision benefits paid 50-65% by the company, 9 paid holidays, Paid time off, Flexible scheduling.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you then we want to hear from you! Code samples and applications you’ve written are very important to us we'd like to see what you've got.