Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
The Network Engineer will work with the Network Operations Team around various activities to design, install, and support the Network Infrastructure, along with on call scheduling. This individual will also be responsible for the implementation and support of an Enterprise Network, including the LAN/WAN, Internet Access, Corporate Firewalls, Wireless Network, Network Security, Remote Access, and Cisco Voice system.
This position will also require the regular participation in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Accountable for daily reporting to IT Manager – Network Infrastructure.
- Accountable for taking direction from IT Manager – Network Infrastructure.
- Accountable for maintaining and supporting all aspects of the wide and local area network and corporate data communications.
- Plans project implementations to ensure that deadlines and commitments are achieved.
- Design, plan and coordinate the implementation of network technologies in support of defined requirements generated by business and growth demands.
- Provide network design, security analysis/design and implementation, definition and coordination of standards, project management, and technology research.
- Develop and oversee the adherence to data use standards for data, voice, or other network hardware system.
- Responsible for maintaining all Network and Network Security capabilities.
- Acts as the primary interface with equipment vendors for resolving problems.
- Develop and create network capacity plans, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or similar field.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ hands on Network Engineering experience.
- Experience working with Network Monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Network Performance Monitor.
- CCNA Certification, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work with Internet Service Providers and Wide Area Network Providers to troubleshoot network communication issues to reduce downtime.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec, VoIP, SIP, 802.11 Wireless, HSRP, SNMP, QoS, 802.1x.
- Experience working with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for secure 802.1x and MAB authentication.
- Experience with Silver Peak WAN Optimization.
- Experience with IT Automation systems such as Ansible or Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Wireless LAN Controllers, Cisco ASA Firewalls with FirePOWER Services, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS.
- Cisco Umbrella Cloud Security.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Communicate with managers throughout IT. Ability to make presentations to managers and/or other engineers.
- Ability to prototype, configure, perform gap analysis and resolution, and execute component and integration testing.
- Excellent problem solving ability including analytical, prioritization and escalation skills with demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in a fast changing environment.
- Experience in the Foundry industry a plus.
- The Network Engineer will work with a team that designs, implements and supports mission critical Network Infrastructure, including best practices for high availability, resilience, manageability, and reliability.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, including good grammar skills.
- The Network Engineer will be on a team responsible for a complex, state of the art network that will be rapidly changing to support Enterprise growth and development. This individual is challenged with providing an environment that is reliable, flexible, and cost effective.
- Ability to travel, with majority of travel within one day on corporate fleet.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.