Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong communities
- Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KAis consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
We take a highly collaborative approach to our work. We work closely with owners, architects and the entire planning team well before ground is broken; providing cost analyses, scheduling information, and value engineering services to ensure that our client can make informed decisions leading to a timely finish of the highest quality and the best value.
The Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)/Building Information Modeling (BIM) Specialist works closely with the company's Pre-Construction and Operations teams from all of Kraus-Anderson's offices and individual Project Managers, to manage and implement VDC & BIM needs and initiatives. As VDC & BIM is an expanding initiative, position growth and leadership opportunity are available to the successful candidate who shows the passion to continually develop and expand Kraus-Andersons VDC/BIM initiative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and recommend software and hardware configurations and specifications necessary to support VDC/BIM goals, including but not limited to mobile technologies, project information managements and collaboration software.
- Stays informed and evaluates new VDC & BIM-related software and related technologies and practices.
- Evaluates related construction technology and tools such as drones, scanners, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) hardware, iPads, etc.
- Liaison with national and local vendors.
- Liaison with internal technology/IT Department, outside software developers, support staff and other support channels.
- Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training.
- Attend conferences, seminars and workshops for VDC & BIM; bring back learning and disseminating of information to management and appropriate teams.
- Participate with local user groups, Autodesk University and AUGI.
- Present VDC & BIM training at various KAU internal and external training opportunities.
- Identify trends and business opportunities relating to VDC & BIM.
- Work VDC/BIM team to confirm long-term VDC & BIM goals.
- Support the development and implementation of VDC & BIM standards and templates in the following areas:
- Marketing, simulation and visualization tools for use in sales presentations, project planning, phasing, and site logistics.
- KA Special Requirements and work scopes (Instructions to Bidders).
- Data analysis of 3D scanning for existing conditions, site verification, and as-built documentation at project sites.
- Clash detection, running meetings, reporting, and resolving conflicts.
- Utilizing VDC & BIM as a virtual mock-up tool.
- Preconstruction services and IPD design-to-fabrication exchange protocols.
- Electronic file transfer and management between design teams, Kraus-Anderson and subcontractors.
- Provide early modeling for presentation and sales support.
- Create project-specific BIM models.
- Lead project-specific clash detection efforts and interface with the project teams.
- Provide graphic support during construction phase for site logistics, phasing and 4-D interface.
- Coordinate project-specific hardware/software requirements with project teams and IT to allow for subcontractors and other team members to receive, coordinate and update electronic models.
- Create BIM links to project construction administration for submittals, construction models, shop drawings, and schedules.
- Liaison for VDC & BIM process:
- Future planning for potential uses of VDC/BIM.
- Sustainable design.
- Project planning.
- 3-D renderings, 4-D and 5-D integration with cost estimating.
- Facilities management.
- Specification, material and equipment management.
- Integrated project delivery.
- Digital photo typing and digital fabrication.
- Modularization and offsite fabrications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A graduate of an accredited architecture degree program or related combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in design, drafting or engineering; utilizing BIM/VDC software.
- Proficient computer skills including proficiency in related software programs.
- Experience utilizing recent versions of AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp, and Bluebeam software.
- Professional appearance with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities, as needed, as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Experience with building construction sequencing and building systems interface including structural and Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and manage clash detection process.
- Enthusiasm and commitment for mentoring all levels of staff are strongly preferred.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
- Ability to effectively evaluate emerging technologies and processes.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, Adobe products.
- Thorough knowledge of national Computer Aided-Design (CAD) standards and the emerging BIM standards.
- Valid Driver's License, ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record, and adhere to KA’s Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Part 107 Remote Pilot’s License (or willingness to obtain).
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Office Staff Requirements:
- Clearly communicate information (both written and verbal) to colleagues and key stakeholders
- Stand and/or sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time; 50%+
- Use a computer/laptop/iPad in open office environment with natural and/or florescent lighting
- Navigate between office building floors, and on occasion, attend off-site meetings
- Lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package, including
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance & Disability
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact