Kraemer North America (Kraemer) is currently searching for entry level Field Engineers to join our energetic, hard working team in our Minneapolis, MN office. Our current search is centered on finding candidates that are self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, and are looking for that next step in their career development. We are proud to provide a stable and challenging work environment with the opportunity for personal growth in a family centered company that prides itself on providing technical, innovative, and complete solutions to the most challenging highway and bridge construction problems. Kraemer realizes the core strength of our Company is the individuals we employ and we are proud to employ some of the most talented individuals in the construction industry.
In November 2014 Kraemer joined the Obayashi Corporation global family of companies. This strategic partnership allows Kraemer to utilize Obayashi’s considerable experience, technology and financial strength to participate in a greater number of projects of all sizes across the United States.
Kraemer North America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Field Engineer assists project management in coordinating resources, schedules and subcontractors for on-site engineering activities. Responsible for project schedules, monitors cost controls, procurement of permanent material and supplies, coordinating engineering requirements with the project superintendent, tracks and coordinates all project submittals (i.e. fabrication and shop drawings, etc.), preparation of periodic pay estimates, quantity reporting, tracking project labor and equipment trends, assist in the preparation of the monthly cost-to-complete reports, all project engineering functions, provide leadership of the Kraemer safety culture, and any additional duties assigned by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent transportation or structural concrete experience
- Previous internship experience in the heavy highway, roadway, transportation industry (preferably in bridge construction)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with document control on a project - preferred
- Previous experience working with construction software (scheduling, project management, estimating) - preferred
- Strong work ethic and passion for performing your best
We are proud to offer an industry competitive compensation and benefits package.
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Discretionary Bonus
- Dependent Care and Health Care Reimbursement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Sick Pay
- Educational Assistance
- Computer Purchase Program
Benefits are subject to change, limitations and/or eligibility. The above plans do not apply to employees covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Union employees subject to collective bargaining agreements have benefit coverage provided to them under the provisions of their respective agreements.