Comfort Systems USA is seeking a Senior Mechanical Estimator to join our construction team. As a mechanical estimator, you will prepare plan and spec and design-build style estimates for industrial and commercial mechanical systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for commercial and industrial HVAC/R systems to include duct work, piping and equipment for new installations and retrofits.
- Account for labor, material, equipment, subcontractors, and other direct costs within estimates.
- Review plans and specifications to determine the scope of work.
- Perform field surveys for the development of project estimates.
- Take-off material and provide accurate quantity surveys. Adjust labor production factors based on the degree of difficulty.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure accurate and competitive pricing.
- Submit proposals to customers, finalize pricing and complete internal setups promptly.
- 10+ years of mechanical estimating experience, preferred
- Able to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Have proficiency in using computers and Microsoft Office
- Possess good communication skills with an outgoing personality and a positive attitude
- Have a valid Driver's License
Benefits and Compensation
- Base Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid PTO