Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced candidate for Construction Survey Manager in our .Raleigh, NC office.
Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, proposal preparation, safety planning, negotiating scopes and fees, billing, client follow-up maintenance and assistance in collection of fees when required. The Construction Survey Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise. An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required. The successful candidate will manage/perform construction related surveying projects using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology. Projects will include construction layout for heavy highway, utility, renewable energy, residential and site development projects incorporating conventional surveying along with RTK/GPS and machine control technology. The Construction Survey Manager is expected to perform and supervise all facets of projects including field and office tasks along with coordination with other disciplines involved in the project. Ongoing communication with the Division Manager, clients, staff and internal design team is essential.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- Professional licensure preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years experience required.
- Working knowledge and experience using Civil 3D or equivalent software.
- Working knowledge and experience using MicroStation/Geopak software preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience creating machine control models preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing DOT Location & Survey standards and procedures.
- Safety plan development experience preferred.
- Candidate must have proficient experience preparing estimates; preparing proposals/contracts and change orders.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (field crews).
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.