Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Licensed Surveyor for a position in our Elizabeth City, NC office.
The Licensed Surveyor / Project Manager is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects and the penetration of assigned client accounts. Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, proposal preparation, negotiating scopes and fees, billing, client follow-up maintenance and assistance in collection of fees when required. The Survey Project Manager must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise. An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required. The successful candidate will manage/perform design related surveying projects using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology. Projects may include boundary, topographical, construction, control networking and high definition surveys. The Survey Project Manager is expected to perform calculations using surveying formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems. Ongoing communication with the Division Manager, clients, staff and internal design team is essential.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following, but not limited to:
- A bachelor’s degree in Surveying/Engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience and professional registration (L.S., P.E., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred
- Has 5 to 10 years of surveying experience
- Working knowledge and experience using Civil 3D software
- Working knowledge and experience creating Machine Control Models
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing GPS/RTK technology
- Preference will be given to those having a working knowledge and experience using Leica Scanning Technology
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (field crews)
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.