Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Director of Corporate Communications & Marketing at the home office, located in West Des Moines, Iowa.
The Director of Communications and Marketing will assist the vice president of sales and marketing on the strategic direction of all internal and external communications to help achieve organizational goals. Develop, implement and manage collateral materials, digital marketing projects, campaigns, social media, public and media relations, internal communications, executive communication and targeted industry influence efforts.
A few other details about the role:
• Collaborate with senior leadership on internal communication, marketing strategies, and message development.
• Helps shape the strategic direction of marketing and communication efforts.
• Manage strategic relationships with internal and external partners.
• Partner with external marketing and public relations firms to develop and execute marketing, communication, and public relations strategies aligned to achieve enterprise business objectives.
• Conduct focus groups to identify potential markets for products or services.
• Confer with legal team to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement or royalty sharing with outside producers or distributors.
• Initiate market research studies or analyze their findings. Consult with prospective residents and industry experts regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
• Coordinate or participate in promotional activities or trade shows; work with developers, advertisers, or production managers, to market products or services.
• Evaluate the financial aspects of marketing products, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
• Collaborate with the vice president of sales and marketing, formulates, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote Lifespace products and services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
• Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategies, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
• In collaboration with the vice president of sales and marketing, negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
• Help recommend modifications to products, packaging, production processes, or other characteristics to improve the environmental soundness or sustainability of products or services.
• Help drive marketing efforts and sales growth.
• Collaborate with the director of community and healthcare communications and marketing and vice president of sales and marketing to provide creative direction, planning, and execution of marketing campaigns to assist with lead generation and brand awareness.
• Oversee and manage enterprise digital marketing efforts.
• Assist in managing marketing campaigns through partnerships in creative services, digital, traditional marketing, social media, public relations and brand.
• Lead branding, messaging, enterprise communication, and creative efforts throughout the enterprise.
• Implement a comprehensive internal and external strategic communication plan that aligns with business objectives and organization culture.
• Lead the planning, implementation, execution and content management of the corporate website.
• Collaborate with the vice president of sales and marketing and director of community and healthcare communications and marketing to manage crisis communication efforts throughout the enterprise.
• Collaborate with the director of the foundation to develop and implement an effective communications plan for the Lifespace Foundation.
• Establish processes to monitor, measure, track impact and results of communications activities and programs.
And here’s what you need to apply:
• Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in communications, marketing or business preferred.
• Ten to twelve years progressively increasing marketing and communications experience, planning and executing communications strategies in a large organization.
• A proven record of delivering impactful campaigns and collateral.Experience in measuring the effectiveness of campaigns in driving traffic into the sales funnel using both traditional and digital initiatives.
• Strong communication and project management skills including public relations, media and customer event planning experience.
• Strategic thinker. Able to establish, articulate and implement a vision for the organization as it relates to corporate communication strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving/resolution skills and a team focus.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information and stimulate thinking to top leadership.
• Excellent writing skills (e.g. Letters, speeches, presentations) and seeks out innovative ways to communicate.
• Knowledgeable of social media applications in a business environment.
• Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's fifth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $350 million and employs over 3,600 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents.
The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
|• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
|• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL