We are seeking a qualified Welder/Maintenance Operator to join our innovative asphalt production team!
The Welder/Maintenance Operator will be responsible for daily operations and maintenance associated with welding, fabrication, maintenance on pumps, valves, and other related equipment; and performing other daily tasks associated with petroleum facilities.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday and may include some seasonal mandatory overtime along with on-call hours. Much of the duties associated with this position are performed outdoors year-round within the facility and some travel. Occasionally working from elevated heights.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long term disability
- Paid vacation – pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Extensive previous experience operating welding equipment
- Must have current valid welding certifications (preferably on pipe)
- Basic mechanical training
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
- Knowledge of layout according to blueprints
*Ideally Applicants will:
- Have general knowledge/experience operating pumps, valves, boilers, electrical heating systems, and other common industrial equipment
- Have knowledge/experience with industrial control systems and computers
*While these skills/experiences are ideal, Midwest Industrial Asphalt will train applicants that show an eagerness to learn.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Midwest Industrial Asphalt, established in 1984, is a full-service supplier of liquid asphalt cement products throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Our terminal in La Crosse, WI is served by barge, rail and truck and offers on-site tank storage as well.
A tradition of commitment, quality, and excellence is the foundation of our continued success. For many years, this family owned company has had a long-standing tradition of providing the highest quality products and services to our communities.