Shaw-Lundquist and Associates, Inc. (SLA) is looking for a Senior Project Manager with pre-construction and negotiated procurement experience. The PM will be a leader and expert in the construction industry and must have multi-family housing experience but will work across market sectors (multi-family housing, corporate, education, government and public facilities, hospitality, or retail), bring client, architect and engineer relationships, as well as business development talent and experience. The ideal candidate brings a collaborative pre-construction approach and extensive experience developing negotiated contracts, combined with a track record of highly profitable field operations.
- Develop new business opportunities with both new and established clients
- Works closely with Operations and Marketing to develop “risks” and “project plans” for best value and negotiated projects.
- Cultivate enduring client relationships throughout the business cycle, including leading the entire team’s focus on customer satisfaction during construction.
- Create a collaborative environment with both internal and external team members by sharing information, strategy and resources.
- Ability to conceptualize a project using minimal information and the ability to quickly develop an understanding of the Owner/Architect requirements.
- Using the Contractor’s software, Company cost history, and own experience, prepare accurate and complete estimates through the review of plans and specifications, quantity takeoffs, crew selection and productivity, vendor and subcontractor quote management, risk assessment, and Company guidelines for overhead and margin.
- Develops front end specifications and scopes of work on projects, when required.
- Provides real time feedback on budgets and programs to all stakeholders.
- Prepares and oversees cost models for schematic, design development, and GMP estimates.
- Select subcontractors and vendors, prepare project schedules, determine project staffing needs, set up budgets, complete risk assessments and develop project specific safety plans.
- Coordinate construction phases to prevent delays and resolve conflicts, ensure that work is performed to specification, on schedule, within budget.
- Ensure job cost reports and pay estimates are accurate and timely.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor payments.
- Negotiate and process extra work claims, change orders, and supplemental agreements and value engineering concepts.
- Create a safety-first culture, exceeding safety goals.
- Set aspirational goals and lead teams to achieve excellence in quality.
- Ensure efficient and effective project close-out, arming clients with digestible information about their building systems, maintenance, warranty and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Architectural Engineering preferred
- 8-10 years post-education experience preferred, 5+ years minimum
- Pre-construction and construction project experience in multi-family housing is a must in addition to a combination of other market sectors including corporate, education, government and public facilities, hospitality, and retail.
- Procurement experience, including writing proposals, RFP/RFQ, interviews
- Knowledge of Company software including Procore, Auto Desk, Blue Beam, I Square Foot, Cosential, eCMS, On Screen Take Off, Microsoft Project
- A thorough knowledge of the Multi-family Construction industry, Minnesota Housing's Housing Design and Construction Standards and HUD standards, and all related standards and requirements.
- Desired: LEED Certification
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and ADD Insurance
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Holidays
- SLA was founded in 1974 and provides construction services as a general contractor, construction manager and design/builder serving a variety of clients in the retail, entertainment, multi-unit, educational, commercial, governmental, institutional and industrial markets. The company currently has 2 offices in Minnesota and Nevada. The company utilizes the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) in guiding the company.
- The company’s core target is to be a nationally recognized Asian-American owned enterprise with a national footprint and $300 million in revenue by March 2022.
- The core focus of the company is to Build Better Lives through client-focused solutions for complex construction projects. Building Better Lives looks beyond the physical building and looks at the creation and use of the building and how it will provide better lives through learning, living, and working for everyone. Client focused solutions for complex construction projects compel us to learn and understand the owner’s goals and drives us to ensure a successful project for the client.
- Building Better Lives by Building with Integrity and PRIDE is our commitment statement to ourselves, which commits us to the core purpose and values of SLA
- Integrity – Do I do the right thing even when no one is watching or looking?
- Professionalism – Do I work and represent myself and SLA in a manner that I am proud of?
- Respect – Do I respect others, and have I earned their respect?
- Ingenuity – Do I seek to improve the current situation?
- Determination – Do I fully commit and contribute to our winning culture by doing things right and being focused on measures of success?
- Excellence – Do I have completely satisfied clients and colleagues?
For consideration, please submit your resume and project summary to David Borak at firstname.lastname@example.org.