ULC Robotics is a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial and electric distribution markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while reducing costs, increasing efficiency and improving safety. ULC operates under four divisions capable of performing a wide range of specialized services to accommodate the industries we serve.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to support our growing robotics business. This junior level, full-time position is an opportunity to play an important role in an emerging market for a leading energy and utility industry robotics company. The role is best suited for a detail oriented, technically minded person who aspires to take their career to the next level, work on difficult problems and gain relevant project management experience.
To be successful, the candidate should be a competent writer, detail oriented, natural self-starter, a fast learner, possess excellent communication skills, and be able to work collaboratively with our team of engineers, project managers and business development professionals. This role will require the candidate to support both our existing robotics projects and growing robotics government business and will also require handling a diverse task load along with new and interesting challenges daily and supporting meetings with clients.
Please respond with your resume and a cover letter with a brief description of yourself, what makes you unique and any hobbies or “extracurricular” activities you do that seem relevant to the position.
- Write proposals and support proposal development activities for new funding opportunities
- Monitor and assist with evaluating new business opportunities posted on government websites and received through email communications
- Assist in developing basic project schedules and project pricing
- Review government agency documents including technology roadmaps and acquisition strategy; summarize findings
- Develop and compile presentations and present to customers; coordinate with customers through phone and email
- Assist project managers in project coordination activities
Obtain vendor quotes, plan and execute shipping logistics, and keep track of shipments and deliveries
- Attend business development and project meetings, take clear notes, and follow up on next steps with minimum input from technical and management staff
- Additional support as needed to help operate and grow the business
- A Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Management, Engineering, Science or Technology.
- New Grad to 5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent technical writing capabilities and communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Capable of managing a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision.
- A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential. The candidate must be a self-starter.
- Minimal travel may be necessary
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs including
EOE / Disability / Veterans