Garco Construction, Inc. is an ENR Top 400 general contractor with offices in Spokane and Tacoma, Washington. In addition to self-performing a substantial amount of construction, Garco provides high quality design build services through our in house architect and design department, as well as through strong partnerships with local and national architectural and engineering firms. We achieve this by employing highly qualified people, emphasizing advanced technology, continuing education, high safety standards and quality control.
As a Construction Laborer you will use hands to lift, pull or carry heavy objects such as lumber, wall section or glue lam beams, or structural steel columns or beams. Some of the key items you will need to do on a daily basis will be:
- Work outdoors in all sorts of weather
- Learn procedures and techniques
- Varied job duties depending on scopes of work
- Mark and assemble materials (lumber or steel) to prescribed measurements; erect concrete forms and framework for structural additions
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Dig, spread, and level dirt and gravel, using pick and shovel
- Lift, carry, and hold building materials with co-worker
- Lift and hold wall sections in place
- Assists carpenters, ironworkers and construction crews to construct and erect wood and steel frame buildings of multiple story high structures for commercial projects
- Clean tools, equipment, materials, and work area, using wheelbarrow, broom and shovel, operate forklift or boom/scissor lifts as needed
The qualifications you need to have for this role are:
- Have Union membership
- Be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions
- Be comfortable working with Hand tools, power tools, skil saw, roto hammer, table saw, drills, sawzall, hammer, nail gun, ruler, square, pencil, chalk, calipers, chisels, planes, nails, dowel pins, glue gun, screws, plumb bob, level, lumber (2x4, 2x6, and up to glu-lambeams), forklift, pick-up truck.
- Have safety focused mindset
The culture of Garco is second to none, and our employees are the heartbeat of our organization. To have the best employees in the industry, we offer some of the best benefits. Below are some of the benefits we offer when you join the team at Garco:
Garco is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please email email@example.com. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.