Modern Disposal is looking for experienced part-time drivers to join our team! Part-time drivers enjoy flexible scheduling. 1st shift driving positions in tractor trailer, roll-off, and rear packers are available. We offer competitive salaries and a safety bonus program.
As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in WNY.
The CDL Driver supports the waste division by operating the vehicle and picking up trash and recyclables from residential and commercial customers, and transporting material to the landfill or transfer station as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Drives the hydraulic packing vehicle and operates the hydraulic components of the truck in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and property damage.
- Performs pre-trip inspection, and completes the Vehicle Inspection Report (VCR).
- Performs post-trip inspections, fuels truck and completes VCR.
- Directs work activity and is responsible for the safety of the assigned crew.
- Properly utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment and truck safety equipment while following all required safety procedures.
Core Competencies & Experience
- Clean Class A or B Commercial Driver's license and DOT physical
- Experience driving large trucks
- Able to read and write legibly
- Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
- Positive safety record
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to customer service
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
High School Diploma or GED
For more information on Life at Modern, visit http://www.moderncorporation.com/careers/