FDR Services Corp. is a leading provider of a full line of Healthcare Linen, Uniform, Patient Clothing and Laundry Services to Hospitals, Nursing Homes, and Surgi-Centers in the Mid-Atlantic region from its processing facilities in Paterson, New Jersey, Hempstead, New York and Front Royal, Virginia.
FDR's knowledgeable staff is structured to assist each facility in meeting their patient care needs, and is committed to providing the highest quality service and products throughout the healthcare market
The Assistant Distribution Manager’s responsibility is to effectively assist with the management of the FDR distribution fleet and routes, whereby customers are provided timely deliveries with professional representation while maintaining fiscal responsibilities resulting in positive profitability and customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for working with and assisting the Distribution Manager with the following:
- Assist in the planning of transportation routes and schedules to ensure timely delivery of product in a cost effective manner.
- Assist in providing timely dispatch of deliveries to include soil/clean weight controls, accurate counts, all administrative tasks associated with pickup and delivery, quality of packed out bins and serviceability of bins.
- Assist in the responsibility for all personnel related activities for supervisors, drivers, and driver’s assistant and weigh in/out employees. This includes hiring, discipline, counseling, evaluation and termination.
- Assist in the responsibility for keeping up to date all DOT personnel files on all drivers.
- Assist in ensuring properly filled out all manifests, and other paperwork associated with deliveries to FDR customers. To train subordinates to do the same when you are off duty.
- Assist with the timely and responsive service to ensure satisfied and content customers by meeting their needs and maintaining a constant level of communication.
- Assist with the timely preventive maintenance plans and programs to insure maximum equipment life and minimum down time.
- Assist in establishing and cultivating customer and vender relationships.
- Assist in being responsive to the requests of the Account Executives in behalf of their customers.
- Assist in performing effective analysis and recordkeeping including service schedules and performance of the leasing companies in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Assist in Management of the relationship between FDR and the vehicle leasing company(s).
- Assist with all other tasks as assigned and hours needed to fulfill duties and responsibilities.
The Assistant Distribution Manager requires limited travel, only on occasion between customer locations. Employees are responsible for creating and submitting expense reports each week for expenditures incurred during travel.
- High School diploma or equilavent, college degree preferred
- Prior experience in laundry operations and management helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications