As a Pipelayer on our team, you will lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for installation.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements using levels or lasers.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using lubricants, cement, or glue.
- Cover pipe with dirt, gravel, or other materials.
- Cut pipes to required lengths.
- Grade and level trench bases using tamping machines and hand tools.
- Install and repair sanitary and storm water sewer structures and pipe systems.
- Hand-locate existing pipes and utilities to avoid damage or safety issues.
- Accurately complete time cards.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment, motor vehicles and heavy equipment and perform related duties as assigned by Foreman.
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
- Work closely with Hoe Operator using hand signals, making sure Operator knows your location.
- Follow Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Understand and adhere to trench safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Pipe Layer Certification a plus.
- Confined Space Certification a plus.
- Competent Person Certification a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work is required.