Creeler – Warp Knit Textile Manufacturing - First Shift
The Apex Mills Family of Companies - Keeping Textile Jobs in America since 1943
We are seeking a Creeler to join us in our Textile Mill in Oxford. The environment is fast-paced, and you’ll be working with a team of dedicated knitting professionals to help you take your textile career to the next level! We will train!
What is a Creel?
A creel for a warping machine is a very large frame that holds large cones (spools) of yarn, and distributes the ends of the yarn over the width of the warp to enable our knitting process.
As a Creeler you will:
- Work in a textile manufacturing setting and be responsible for tending to the creels
- Load cones of yarn into the creel, so the warping machine can run
- Unload the creel of partially used cones and repack the cones into boxes
To perform this job successfully, you will need to be able to:
- Handle yarn delicately
- Tie ends of yarn into a good knot
- Lift up to 30 pounds
- Climb a ladder
- Lift up to 30 pounds, often while climbing a ladder
- Separate recycled materials and store them properly
- Assist in maintaining housekeeping throughout the warping department
- Pass pre-employment substance screening and background check
If you are energetic, ambitious, and detail-oriented, and are able to perform these tasks we want to make you part of our team.
- Complete on-the-job training
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k)
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
Compensation commensurate with knowledge, skill, and experience.
About Us: The Apex Mills Family of Companies, U.S. based textile manufacturers, create customized fabric solutions. We are dedicated to developing textiles that solve business critical problems from an engineering, innovative and performance perspective. We are committed to building a culture that is forward thinking, collaborative and proud, with a sharp focus on customer service and sustained quality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO is the Law. Click here and here to view information on your protections under Federal Law from discrimination.