Drupal Web Administrator
Duration: 2 Years (Contract Position, Benefits Not Provided)
Hourly Rate: $48 W2; $56 CTC/1099
We are looking for someone with a strong UX background as well as webmaster's general duties. A webmaster’s general duties center on all aspects of an organization’s web site, including work in website design and layout, as well as routine updates and maintenance. Webmasters in larger companies may have to coordinate with marketing/branding professionals to ensure the organization's web presence adheres to that department's standards. The web master may have a variety of related responsibilities involving inter-organization intranets, portals, and online security maintenance. Additionally, the webmaster is likely to supervise how and when web content is added to the company's website, and they usually work with content creators to facilitate timely and regular updates.
The webmaster’s overall goal is to ensure a consistent theme and web presence for a company or organization. They must be organized and strong communicators, as they likely will receiving input from multiple sources regarding the requirements and desires for the website’s design and updates. The webmaster traditionally works regular business hours, but in some situations, they may be constantly on call to help troubleshoot any after-hours problems that may occur with the websites under their responsibility.
The webmaster likely must have a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field. They usually must demonstrate fluency in graphic layout design, including with various graphic and UI platforms and the ability to code in HTML. Most organizations are likely to require their webmasters have experience designing, building, and updating for smaller companies or in smaller information technology (IT) roles in web development.
- Design, develop, and execute site architecture and navigation including redesigns and upgrades.
- Collaborate with creative staff on design and layout issues to facilitate web publishing.
- Ensure site is optimized and is cross-platform and cross-browser compatible.
- Advise internal groups on all issues relating to the web site.
- Own site releases, QA signoff, and documentation.
- Design of Drupal-based community environments (3 years)
- Excellent organization, analytical, and communication skills (5 years)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to explain procedures verbally and in writing; strong customer service orientation (5 years)
- Configuring and troubleshooting custom Drupal themes (3 years)
- Drush command usage for Drupal 7 (3 years)
- Maintaining Drupal 7 multi-site instances in a LAMP environment (3 years)
- Drupal (3 years)
- Experience with Drupal API developer and module developer (3 years)
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Drupal software development process and Drupal-based project scoping and analysis (3 years)
- Advance experience with Drupal architecture, best practices, and coding standards (3 years)