We are seeking a qualified Support Specialist to join our IT team!
As an IT support specialist, you will be responsible for providing technical support to employees via phone, email, and remote access. You will troubleshoot and resolve computer, printer, software, and network issues within established SLAs. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service and critical thinking skills as well as a solid technical background to provide technical support to our users.
This is a full-time position located in Onalaska/Eau Claire, WI and includes light on-call responsibilities during off-hours and weekends as well as travel requirements.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Working with other support & desktop technicians within the IT Service Center to provide end-user support for the enterprise.
- Working with IT department colleagues and all end users to provide timely, respectful, and comprehensive communication for the purpose of customer satisfaction.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to help desk requests and incidents; log, track and route requests and incidents; and document resolutions using a service desk ticketing application.
- Support, diagnose, repair and upgrade various computer workstations, peripherals and software.
- Image and deploy computers/laptops to users; set up and maintain printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, projectors, VoIP phones and other accessories.
- Install approved software per user role and verify user acceptance.
- Participate in various projects as assigned.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long term disability
- Paid vacation – pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
- Associate degree in information systems or a related field is required.
- Minimum four years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Previous customer service experience in an IT help desk environment is required.
- Certifications such as ITIL Foundation, A+, N+, or equivalent is highly desired.
- Experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system such as ServiceNow.
- Knowledge and experience supporting desktop/laptop hardware and software in a Microsoft Windows environment; including network resources, active directory and group policies and Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully and effectively with co-workers, staff and other stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills while applying established IT and business standards.
- Ability to work under time constraints, demonstrate flexibility and meet deadlines.
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com.