Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: 4152 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70119
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a week
General Focus: Human Resources
The HR Intern Will Learn The Practical Application Of:
- The recruiting and hiring process, including posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews and presenting job offers.
- The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files, and form management.
- The importance of onboarding, learning plans and training and development in the employee life cycle.
- Assist with benefits administration as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other duties assigned, including administrative support to the HR Department.
• Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources.
• Clear background check
• High level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite