Responsible for contract compliance and the administration and implementation of the quality control system as described in the Caddell Quality Control Manual for the assigned discipline. Identifies quality control problems and recommends, initiates and provides solutions to the problems and ensures no concealment of deficiencies.
- Identifies quality control problems for assigned discipline and recommends, initiates and provides solutions to the problems.
- Performs inspections and witnesses tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work.
- Assists in maintaining correct and accurate work performance records, inspection records and other related items.
- Assists in preparation/implementation of quality control procedures, i.e., inspection instructions, control measuring and test equipment, etc.
- Assists in reviewing purchase documents to insure compliance with quality control requirements.
- Exercises authority to halt concealment of nonconforming work and activities.
- Participates in internal/external quality control audits.
- Performs additional assignments per quality control manager's direction.
- Reviews material submittals for contract compliance; upon arrival verifies the accuracy of material and ensures timely delivery to meet project schedule.
Minimum high school diploma/GED and five years' experience in the quality control or project management required. Graduate Mechanical Engineer with 2 years' experience in the type of work being performed or a professional with 5 years' of related experience supervising mechanical features of work in the field. Thorough knowledge of code and regulations. Ability to read and interpret drawings and specs. Thorough working knowledge of construction disciplines and phases of construction. Good written and verbal communication skills. Good client relations skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Caddell Construction seeks experienced Construction Quality Control Representatives, by discipline, with previous Federal Construction experience. A clearance, or the ability to receive a clearance is preferred. Up-to-date Construction Quality Control Management for Contractors (CQMC) certificate is also preferred.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.