Plans, develops, coordinates and manages onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects. Handles business correspondence, billing and financial reporting. Provides overall management direction for projects. Assists project manager in the day-to-day operation of the project.
- Manages project engineering and related personnel functions and activities to ensure that they comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Provides technical support for construction efforts including participation in construction planning and design. Is also involved with design interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
- Develops, implements, and administers project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
- Interfaces with all on-site departments and subcontractors as required to resolve problems, ensures quality of construction, project safety etc., in support of overall project schedule.
- Responsible for looking ahead and paying attention to the flow of work, coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials and staying on schedule.
- Develops proposals and change orders for the implementation of contract changes with the owner and subcontractors.
- Assists Safety Manager and Project Manager in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Participates in the development of required documentation to be provided to the owner.
Education/Experience: Four-year degree in engineering or architecture and 5+ years experience in the construction industry.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, a Department of State minimum secret security clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Requires excellent technical and management skills. Strong client relations skills are a must. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage costs and control schedule. Excellent organizational skills. Strong Microsoft Office suite and project control software knowledge. Ability to communicate and work with multinational and multi-disciplined employees. Ability to use AutoCAD and Primavera preferred. Strong AutoCAD 2D experience preffered; experience with coordination drawings preferred.
Caddell Construction seeks an experienced Project Engineer with previous Federal construction experience for an international project. A clearance, or the ability to receive a clearance is required. Previous overseas experience strongly preferred.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!